Sunday, April 22, 2007

3 Weeks and it is Out of This World!

Our little girl is doing so well! She amazes me everyday with the things she can do already. She can roll from her back to her side, hold her head up, and even hold her own bottle for a short time! (Although Auntie Danea does not believe this one, I am now determined to get a picture of her doing it!

She visited my workplace on Friday, and everyone was very happy and excited to meet her. I feel very fortunate to work with people who are supportive and excited for us. And also very fortunate for those who keep a calming influence on me when I need it:)

I had a nice surprise when I went to visit my office. A co-worker and friend of mine created an amazingly beautiful solar system on my ceiling with some of the students. It has two very cool effects, one with a black light, and one without lights. My whole room looks like deep space. It is incredible, and I know not only will I appreciate it, but the students will too. Julia (my other half at work) Lee and I talked about how great it will be to use it to calm students down......they can just get "lost in space"! I will see if some pictures can be taken so that I can post them here....

To date I have lost 17 of the 22 pounds I have gained with the pregnancy. I have decided I would like to lose about 26 morel, so tomorrow I am going to start my weight loss efforts. I would like to be at my goal by the end of the summer, which I think I can accomplish in 4 months.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you suppose to start weight loss so soon after? wow, way to go with loosing 17 lbs already... thats pretty amazing when you think about it... babies make ya chubby i guess ha ha... what a cutie... i hope that she is doing well... its spring time and that means babies are being born... whoo hooo!

Miss Dee

strawberrygirl said...

Miss Dee, it just came off! Apparently you burn 500-800 extra calories a day breastfeeding....better than an hour at the gym...LOL:) See you on the Veggie Board!

Katie said...

Strawberry, your little girl is so beautiful!

Anne mentioned you were interested in getting together for a dinner some time . . . I'm in! Just let us know when you have a spare moment.

Danea Burleson said...

First...what a cutie and my goodness she looks like her daddy in that second picture! Second, I never doubted her abilities, it was my friend Susanne who poopooed it...I was just relaying the message...hehe. Glad you are doing so great!