Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Battle of The Bulge


Every year during the school year, a bit of weight slowly creeps back on. Could it be the staff room treats, never ending celebrations, well meaning parents giving me chocolate, the candy jar on the counter, fundraising events at school and all the other cues to eat? Well, yes. But, I know that I am also a stress eater. As my job is on the stressful side, I eat when I feel overwhelmed, sad, anxious, pissed off and happy. Basically, when I feel, I eat.

I worked really hard to lose over forty pounds the past few years. I can see it slowly starting to creep back on. I love my curves, they make me feel sexy and feminine. I don't want to be stick thin, just lose a little of my "pudge".

I have started 2 things this summer to help me get healthier, fit, and drop some pounds. First, I have started exercising again. I have started walking hills in my neighbourhood with Mattu. Who knew having a cute little face staring at you in the morning could make you excited about exercise? I have also started my yoga again, which always makes me feel good. Second, I re-joined Weight Watchers. I love this program. It is a very healthy way of eating, that does not make you feel like you are on a diet. It's how I lost my weight before, so I know it works.

My goal is to lose 15 lbs before I go back to work in September. I am really excited about this goal, and am determined to achieve it. I want to start off my school year healthy, happy and full of energy! Wish me luck:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your journey! It is so nice to see you and your humour back on teh WW boards!

-a fellow weight watcher

Anonymous said...

Hey Tara, good for you! I am doing 'club W' again too - let me know if you'd like to meet up for a walk sometime.

Anonymous said...

You Go Girl!

Anonymous said...

well thats great!! As long as I don't find what you lose ;-))

Anonymous said...

You go hottie! I know you will make your goal. All the boys better watch out:) (Your guy will be fighting them off!)

Anonymous said...

Love the Cartoon!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal said...

Good luck with your journey :)

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to add you to my list of blogs and check in every once in awhile. I too am on WW's :D

Danea Burleson said...

Dude I am with you. As someone who always had trouble putting on weight this is really difficult for me now that I am on the other end of the spectrum. 15 would be ideal but I would be thrilled to even break 10. I think for me it's simply the lack of excercise. I am trying but sure wish I had a buddy to make me go. It's too easy to find excuses...LOL.

Now the poundage wouldn't matter if I could just turn it to muscle! haha. ;)