Monday, July 03, 2006

Long Weekend

Well, it has been an interesting long weekend to say the least. Friday was my last day of work until September (other than a 2 week drama program I am running with a co-worker in July). It felt strange to have all this vast amount of time ahead of me. I have lots planned throughout the summer, but it seems so long until we go back to work, and I really like my job!

We were supposed to spend the long weekend with my family, and Dusten was supposed to help his mom move. But, our truck had other plans for us. Like dying on the side of the highway. And costing us $120 to get it towed. Sigh......

In the middle of having it towed and dealing with that, a pipe burst in the townhouse next to us, and a big leak started happening in our kitchen ceiling.



I am so glad we were home when that happened, it could have been worse! I made a panicked call to one of our neighbours, and she and some others were here in a heartbeat to help us with advice and who to call. Our new property management people were on top of the situation, which was a relief. Not too much damage, and the rest will be fixed this week.

My friend and co-worker came by to see if he could get our truck up and running....with success! I was so happy, I was dreading a huge garage bill, which would be tough with me being off for the summer.

So, I guess I feel really fortunate to have people in my life I can rely on. I only hope that I can hope that I am as helpful to others as others have been to us.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are surrounded by people who really care about you!

Lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww! You are the type of person that does deserve people who care about you though. You live your life caring for everyone else!

scrapeahappy said...

I am sure the time will go faster than you think! It is nice to have people take care of you or have people you can rely on!