Thursday, January 12, 2006

Enter the Vegan...

Well, Christmas, New Year's and my birthday have come and gone. I always feel like after these events I have a clean slate to start my resolutions. I am on day 3 of eating Vegan, and all is well:)

I had such a wonderful birthday this year. I started off the morning with wonderful phone calls and text messages from friends and family. At work my good friend Julia gave me a beautiful celtic green amber pendant and a soy candle (to celebrate my Veganism she said...LOL). I had so many kids singing "Happy Birthday" throughout the day to me...it was so cute. At lunch, while my co-workers sang to me, my co-workers presented me with a Vegan birthday cake! Finally, at the end of the school day, another friend of mine had some grade 7's sing to me over the school P.A. system:)

When I got home, my amazing hubby had a wonderful evening planned. He spoiled me with Lush bath products, a Vegan cookbook, and an awesome vegetable and rice steamer for all my veggie meals! We went out to my favourite greek restaurant so I could have my "Last Supper" containing dairy......spanakopita and tzatiki. When we got home, he had a Tiramisu birthday cake waiting for me! It was so amazingly good. It reminded me of when we were first dating and used to go out for wine and tiramisu. I know it must have been hard for him to get all of this done. He is still recovering from pneumonia. The smallest efforts still take a lot out of him, so everything he did for me was truly special.

The next day, my co-workers and friends (Thanks Darryl!!!!) treated me to birthday drinks and appys at our favourite pub, the RR. My friend Rachel (linked on the right side of this page) made me a handmade strawberry-themed journal. She is so talented! I am trying to encourage her to do an art show with me that I usually do in the summer. I am going to post some pictures of some of her work very soon.

And of course, if I did not mention my AMAZING father-in-law, I know he will be ever so sad. Thanks for the Vegan cookbook Dad and Juilanne!!!! It will be very well used..... (and yes, I will cook you a vegan meal one day, and you will LOVE it!!!!)


3 comments:

scrapeahappy said...

Hey havne't heard from you in a few days. Hope everything is well. How have those early mornings been workin out?

runny_yolk said...

Happy Birthday - sounds like you had a great day!

Sarah Kramer said...

Yay for Vegans!!