Wednesday, December 28, 2005

On to the New Year....

Well, Christmas has come and gone. I have to say it certainly was not what I expected! Both my dad and my husband had pneumonia. So, everything was relatively low key. Hubby and I were on our own for Xmas, and we went up to my parents on Boxing Day for a couple of days, which is always relaxing. My mother-in-law was sweet enough to ensure that we did indeed, have xmas dinner on xmas by dropping off some turkey (!!!!!!) and xmas goodies.

I have to say though, it just was not the same without my mom's veggie stuffing and veggie gravy. My mom is probably one of the few mom's who actually makes veggie xmas sides for their veggie kids:)

I think everyone enjoyed the gifts they received, which is always nice. My favourite gift was 2 vegan cookbooks my mom got me from the
How it All Vegan series. I have been wanting them forever, and keep taking them from the library. Now I have my very own copies:) I just need to get the first one (How it All Vegan) and then I have the whole series. (Yes people, this is a birthday hint!!!!! LOL)

Back to work on Tuesday, but in the meantime, I have some lunch dates with friends, New Year's and nursing my hubby back to health.

3 comments:

scrapeahappy said...

Glad to hear that things are looking up! Do you have any New Year's Resoulutions to share?

strawberrygirl said...

Aha!!! You have guessed the theme of my next blog:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.