Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Decorating, Baby and a Weekend Getaway.....

Well, it is our first Christmas in our new home, and we decided to get a real tree for the very first time. Dusten also got fresh pine and cedar boughs for me, and with some pinecones and candles, I have to say our place looks and smells really nice. It is very cozy and warm. I like using fresh "nature-oriented" decorations rather than all of the usual tacky Christmas glam and glitz that is out there.

I am also officially 21 weeks pregnant. My regular clothes are getting very snug, and there are not too many things I can wear right now. Hopefully I can get some more maternity clothes at Old Navy when sale time hits after Xmas:)

This weekend we are heading to Whistler for a weekend getaway. The last month or so has been very stressful for both of us for a variety of reasons, so we are both very much looking forward to some rest, relaxation and amazing food. We are staying at Edgewater Lodge, which looks like it will be beautiful.

And yes, we will be bringing Mattu:)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Your place does look very cozy. Have a great time on your weekend.

scrapeahappy said...

Love the real tree and the colour of the decorations! I wish I could have a real tree! Hope you have a very relaxing getaway! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Your dog is sooooooooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks great! Although I do somehow feel like you just called MY decorations tacky...Huh.

strawberrygirl said...

Yes Danea... you always seem to know when my comments are targeted directly at YOU! Your spidey senses must have been tingling... LOL:)

Anonymous said...

LOL, I meant "MY" as in anyones decorations that are not "nature-oriented". Not "MY" as in mine alone. Strickly speaking for those of us who enjoy our "tacky" glitz and glam...LOL.

Anonymous said...

My wife and I are due in April or very early May.

Congratulations!

Merry Christmas.