Wednesday, November 29, 2006

1/2 Way Point.....

Well we have officially reached the 1/2 way point in my pregnancy. I am doing well, and am finally starting to show. The cute maternity pants that I have bought from old navy are still a bit big, but there is no squeezing my tummy into my old clothes.

My appetite is constant, and I find I am snacking all day long. I am trying to get healthy foods in as much as I can..I am missing the fresh fruit and veggie selection we had in the summer. I am eating way too many carbs and sugary treats for sure.

Dusten has been taking good care of me. He has been cooking me yummy dinners and keeping me in good spirits when I get cranky and tired. He is even learning the art of a good foot massage:)

We went for our ultrasound a couple weeks ago, and it was so cool! Our little one was grabbing his/her feet and opening and closing his/her mouth. We were able to see all 4 chambers of the heart beating. I wished I could have watched him/her all day long. You will notice I am saying him/her, as we were not able to find out the sex of our little one. We are hoping to go to UC baby in the new year to have a 4D ultrasound done. You get to watch your baby for 30 minutes, find out the sex, and get great pictures. If anyone is looking for a birthday idea for me in the New Year, yes I am dropping a HUGE HINT!!!!!!!!

Here is the ultrasound of our baby at 18 weeks.....Dusten insists he/she looks like a Mexican wrestler, and has nicknamed him/her "El Diablo"......


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that does look like one of those masks! Wow freaky.

Good luck with your family...I hope he doesn't turn out to actually be a wrestler when he's born. Would be like a toddler at age zero. Haha.

-Maria

scrapeahappy said...

Baby's first picture looks great! Can't believe that you are already at the half way point!

Anonymous said...

Very neat pictures...that 4D imaging place looks amazing. Hope you get to check it out in the new year!