Sunday, May 14, 2006

To My Mom......


To my mom:

When I was a kid, I loved that you kissed my cuts better, made home made cookies and treats, put up with my meat food fussiness (only eating the centre of the pork chop, only eating white meat chicken etc) did crafts with us, kissed us goodnight even when you came home on a midnight shift, came to all my band concerts and plays and baseball games, let me have the best sleepovers with my friends, sewed my patches and badges on uniforms (lord knows I could not sew!), took us camping, gave me lots of hugs and unconditional love, and always let me know you were proud of me!

As a teenager, thank you for the heart to hearts, putting up with the boyfriends you did not necessarily like, giving me limits and boundaries, supporting my leap to vegetarianism, kissing me every night before bed, our shopping trips to the city, finding a way for me to go to England with my class in the 10th grade, and always letting me know you loved me and were proud of me!

As an adult, I love cooking and drinking wine with you, shopping, our chats, your gardens, your strength, your kindness, your generousity, your fiestiness, your passion, your creativity, your loyalty, your spanokopita (even thought I can't eat it now I am vegan) supporting my veganism, cuddling under a blanket and watching TV with you, trying new recipes with you, and how you are the most beautiful woman I know, inside and out. I love you mom!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: