Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Procrastination and boxes....oh my!

It's 2 1/2 weeks until we move. You would think I would be much more organized and ready to leave. Our living room is filled with boxes......most of them empty. It is so hard to walk around our place because of all the boxes and our 2 couches. We are desperately trying to sell our old couch and our entertainment unit (which I am sad to sell, as it is really nice, but won't fit in our new place as the fireplace is so big) so we can have some room to move around and pack.

I think there is a part of me that is really sad we are moving. We have spent 7 years of our lives here. We moved here when we were first engaged. We have survived some really tough times here. I feel like we kind of grew up here. It's like now we are all grown up with a mortgage, and all the rough times are behind us. We both have great jobs we love (Dusten had had 2 raises in the past month alone!), and are incredibly happy. Maybe I am waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under us. I am used to things always being so hard. I know we have worked so hard for this. It's bittersweet I guess.

I think there is a part of me that knows that after the house comes the next big step, and everyone always asks us about it. I know we want to, but are we ready? Everyone always says you are never ready, you just prepare yourself that best you can, and that there is never a "right" time. Sigh...... big questions and thoughts at 9:15 on a Tuesday evening....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen darling...........you deserve this so much! You are one of the nicest people I know, and the kids at school absolutely adore you! It's time some of your good karma paid off!

scrapeahappy said...

Yes, I would completely agree with Carrie! Everything will fall into place nicely, just enjoy all these "BIG" changes that are coming your way. It is very easy to worry about what it is to come, spoken from a true worrier. But, worrying about what might come is a waste of negative energy.

Carpe Diem!

Danea Burleson said...

been a long time coming! I am soooo excited for you both! Now be sure to get that spare room set up asap so I have a place to stay. ;)