Thursday, April 20, 2006

Friendships....tea and sharing.

There is a tradition that exists at the school I work at called "Tea and Sharing". It is a wonderful occasion where primary students invite important people in their lives to see all they have accomplished (art projects, journals, writing) and have some tea and treats at their desk. One feels very honored to share in these students lives, and I am touched everytime I am invited to one of these occasions by a student. It is an indication that you are a valued and an important person in their young life.

I was thinking of this parallel today with a friend of mine. We had our own "tea and sharing" of sorts. My friend is an amazing, creative, funny, interesting person who I really enjoy spending time with. We share our accomplishments, struggles, crafty creations and foibles. Things I obsess about or have anxiety about are always put into perspective when I spend time with her. I find her to be a very grounding individual.

I am thankful for the friends in my life who are so supportive. They make this world a lot more fun and manageable.

No comments: