Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Stoned...

I have spent the last 2 days at the hospital in pain I could never have imagined. After blood tests, urinalysis, a CT scan and lots of gravol and morphine, it turns out I have a kidney stone lodged high up in my right kidney.


Gee, aren't they cute looking?

Tomorrow I am going to see the urologist to have what is called an Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy. This is where they use sound waves to try and break up the stone.


If that doesn't work, then I get to have surgery. In the meantime, it's just me and my bottle of percocet!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Strawberry, that sucks! I feel for you. My 20yr old sister just had to have her gallbladder removed because it was FULL of gallstones. Poor girls!

:)Katie

Anonymous said...

my gallstone is quite pretty. It looks like a yellow gem LOL

Carrie™ said...

Hi! I found your blog via a message you left on Dreena Burton's Vive Le Vegan blog.
I've had a kidney infection twice. Oh my! Was it painful. I can't imagine having stones. They do have a procedure where they use a laser to zap them and they smash into a million pieces. It's much easier to pass them out that way. And doesn't feel as wickedly painful I'm sure.
Best of luck to you!

scrapeahappy said...

Hey There!

Well,I can't believe your luck lately. Do you have a Black Cloud over you or what? I hope you are feeling better after the opeartion! There are some updates with the New Friend! I will have to fill you in some time! I hope you are not too bored at home all by youself!

runny_yolk said...

OH gross! Glad to hear you're doing better