Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hunter has a Shower!!!

The guest of Honour...

My work had a baby shower for Hunter on Tuesday. It was a lot of fun, and it is always great to see everyone. Hunter was completely spoiled, and she received some really nice gifts. Our lunch lady, who is a trained pastry chef, made a beautiful cake for the occasion. I was really touched, as it was very detailed and she did all the decorations herself.


The funniest thing had to be the fact that all my co-workers decided to wear pink for the occasion. Even the men. For those that know me, I have a small issue with the colour pink. Especially on little girls. Especially when they are dressed head to toe in it. To me, it makes them seem so docile and helpless...all the stereotypes I do not want Hunter to be (hence her name...LOL). It was quite comical that they all showed up in pink:) Do they love me or what?


Some of the students even made cards for Hunter. They were sweet, heartfelt, and honest beautiful wishes from children. Some were pretty funny...one of them even had a picture drawn of me giving birth!


Looks like someone needs a diaper change!


All in all, it was a very fun afternoon with yummy food, fabulous co-workers and great gifts for Hunter!


5 comments:

Katie said...

Wow Tara, you look fantastic! Motherhood really suits you!

strawberrygirl said...

Thanks Katie!!!! I still want to get together with you and Anne soon for lunch or dinner. I have enjoyed reading your blog lately....I love your sense of humour:)

Danea Burleson said...

Teehee, what a cutie! And what a great little party they threw for you...lucky gal! I think it's great that they all wore pink too...LOL.

strawberrygirl said...

Yes, I am a cutie:)

Anonymous said...

What a great party they all through for you! Kelvin has such a great staff! Everyone looks good in pink!

Great photos!

Aquafit on Thursday sounds great