Monday, November 14, 2005

Tis' the Season for Craft Fairs...


Well, it's the season of craft fairs which is one of my favourite things to do. I love seeing all the new ideas and creative energy that is out there. On the weekend, I went to the biggest one in Vancouver every year...Circle Craft. It was a lot of fun, as I went with 2 friends who also have creative spirits.

As much as I like attending them, I also like participating in them. My favourite one to do in the summer is called Mind over Matter. It is 2 weekends in the woods in South Surrey/White Rock, and it is so completely inspiring. You basically get to hang out with nature all day, being creative and selling your art to people who truly appreciate it.

This Saturday, I am participating in my favourite Winter craft fair. It is usually at Herbert Spencer in New West, but because of the voting, it will be at Glenbrook Middle School. I am excited about this show, as I have expanded my bottle cap jewelry and magnet series to include Xmas themes. I sold out at Mikelson's in the summer, so I hope they sell well again. Also, I have some friends doing this show as well, so it should be a lot of fun. If you are looking to start your Christmas shopping early, come on out and support your local artists. We'd love to see you!


An Alchemy Design original...

4 comments:

scrapeahappy said...

Wow, great pictures of the jewlewery that you have been making! You are so talented! Can't wait to come visit you at the craft fair!

Anonymous said...

I think that your jewlery is amazing! Do you ever sell them online or do anything of that nature?! People like yourself have inspired me to take a mini course on how to make your own jewlery. I think its lovely!

scrapeahappy said...

I had a great time at the Herbert Spencer Craft Fair on Saturday. I was hoping you could design for me a purple and pink bracelet. I have been trying to decide what I would wear the most but can't decide. Let me know what you think.

Danea Burleson said...

ok, you seriously need to update...LOL. What's been going on?!